Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Having a Mary heart in a Martha world!


I'm back home from my journey with my mom. She is going to beat this - Now only if my mother in-law will have the same results. She is a strong lady and I need to remember to pray for her each day.

I have joined a new womens bible study held each week on Tues mornings very early. The books name is "Having a Mary heart in a Martha world". I am going to write my notes in my journal and on my blog because I feel this will be an amazing journey that I am starting.

First off, let me give you the verses were it talks about Martha and Mary in the bible. You can look up the verses by going to the link "NIV Bible" on the right side on my blog. Cut and paste these verses if you want to read them. Luke 10:38-42, John 11:1-44 and John 12:1-11.

Now I will begin.

I can totally identify with Martha and I wish and want to be more like Mary. It makes me sad that I am more like Martha because I long to grow in my walk with the Lord. I get so stressed out with planning and trying to make things perfect all the time. I'ts exausting! I long not to be like that anymore.

I think that we worry to much about earthly things - I want my focus to be on my quit time with the Lord & trusting in Him that what needs to get done, will be done.

Mary's way teaches me that when I feel the call of the Lord I should listen so I can be closer to Him. This is so much more important! Serving does not have to mean physically doing something, I believe serving can also be listening to my Lord, worshiping Him and being in prayer so that I can be closer to Him. Being a Martha is OK, it's just learning I mean teaching my heart to think more like Mary & still be Martha.

No comments: